Sunday 10 August 2014

Lorenzo on front row for Brickyard contest

http://sansolvix.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/lorenzo.jpg 

An intensive summer training program has seen Lorenzo return to the MotoGP™ paddock with renewed energy after a tough start to his 2014 season. The Mallorcan is refocused and has been towards the front in every session. FP4 saw him put in a 1’33.297s for fifth.

Sporting a special Indy helmet, Lorenzo was able to improve to a 1’31.869s in Q2, placing him third. The double MotoGP World Champion was just 0.025s off Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) in second and 0.250s behind pole man Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda).

The Yamaha rider last won at Indianapolis in 2009, but he has five podium finishes in MotoGP at the famous American circuit.

“We tried a new setting during Free Practice 4 with the hard tyre but it wasn’t good. We have to understand what the problem was; if the tyre wasn’t right or if the setting wasn’t good. With the soft tyre the bike was working quite well and when we tried the hard tyre yesterday it was working really good,” said Lorenzo.

Looking ahead he added, “Tomorrow in the warm-up we will see if the feeling is ok with the hard tyre. During the qualifying I tried to put in a very good lap time. After the first try I was very satisfied with the lap. The second time I wanted to improve a little bit more but I came across so many riders waiting for a tow that I couldn’t ride like I did before. I went just two tenths of a second faster, but it was enough to give me this first row, which is a good position.”